Today I started a new project. Completely (as much as possible) build and manage a website and domain from a git pipeline.
- Setup new Google account
- Purchase a domain name from Google
- Setup a Cloudflare account and attach the domain
- Point the registrar to Cloudflare for DNS.
What was automated
- Jekyll to create the website static pages.
- GitLab CI/CD to use a Jekyll Docker image to build the push the content to GitLab Pages.
- DNSControl to configure Cloudflare DNS for the domain.
- All tasks to be performed without any tools other than a web browser.
- The costs of the project needed to be zero or very minimal.
- Currently the only cost has been for the domain name.
- Keeping small businesses or non-profits in mind for functionality.